Sunday, February 03, 2008

Making Time





I know it has been a long time since I updated but I am not going to update...just start with today.

I know that everyone knows I have been working a bunch so I haven't really had too much time recently to do the things I want to do. One of the things I have been thinking about taking up is cake decorating. I love to cook so why not get into something along those lines? For my birthday, my mom bought me some fun tools to get me started. I bought a couple of pans and mom gave me a good recipe and Viola! My first cake. So, ok. It really isn't much to look at but it was A TON of fun! I am actually signed up for a class next Saturday and I am really looking forward to it. Ben gave the cake 4 stars for taste and as you can tell by the pictures, the icing was a big hit!!!!!!

After I finished, I played around with the icing. I obviously need some practice but it might just be my new hobby!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe this is the only the first of many delicious cakes to come! Mom

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

awww the cake is cute & I know it was good...the pictures of "YOUR BIG KID" are priceless... lol

Unknown said...

How many weight watchers points would that icing be??? :-) Yummy! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks REALLY GOOD!!! Ben looks like he enjoyed it :)

Emily said...

Fun! You could also decorate cookie cakes and cupcakes! you're a real Betty Crocker!

Paul said...

I look forward to you next post in April.

Just teasing.

Katie said...

Next time you make cake invite me over!

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

The first cake he has ever made it does not look to bad. Did cake taste good? Well you are doing a good job with him I am proud of you.

Granna said...

How many points in the whole cake?

Rachel said...

You don't want to know:)