Saturday, September 05, 2009

Lots to say....

A little birdie told me in not so many words that I was due a blog update. So, here goes nothing. It has been a couple of busy, busy weeks. I don't know where the time goes; one minute it is Monday morning and I'm heading to work and the next, I find myself in Friday evening traffic headed home.

Last weekend found me in the land that God smiles on....Kentucky! I spent a wonderful long weekend with (most) of the family. Ben had to stay back in Alabama because he was SUPPOSED to not be on call Labor Day weekend. Saturday we ran errands and went to Evansville. I always have to hit a few special places every time I'm home. Sunday we were able to go to Green Street to church; I was a little amused that I received two very nice cards in the mail from people telling me that they were glad to see a new face and they hoped I would visit again. I guess it isn't really their fault that they don't know who I am. Sunday afternoon, we headed to Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Billy's house for the auction. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to afford anything but I got some wonderful pieces. I scored a piece of McCoy pottery for $5 and an AWESOME set of milk glass salt and pepper shakers. My favorite item was a piece of needlework done by Aunt Dorothy that has beautiful lemons on a dark green background. It looks amazing in my kitchen and I am so pleased.

Speaking of kitchen, I ordered the fabric for the chairs and the curtain. Unfortunately, it is going to take a couple of weeks for it to come in. I think the wait will be worth it though. I am extremely pleased with how it has turned out. I know you are thinking I should be....it has taken long enough! Anyway, we are planning on being pretty lazy for the rest of the weekend. I hope all of you have a great Labor Day weekend. Stay tuned for a new look......Coming soon!

No comments: