Saturday, April 17, 2010

Salad Anyone?

I love a good salad. There are restaurants I eat at for the food and restaurants I eat at for the salad. For instance, we don't eat there often but the Bisteca Insalata at Brios is AWESOME. A yummy lettuce wedge with Gorgonzola, tomatoes, bacon makes my mouth water. This is gross but I can almost drink the ranch dressing at Outback. I LOVE salad. All that to say I was excited to get this months issue of Real Simple magazine and see their recipe for Creamy Parmesan dressing. Carrabba's house salad with this dressing is one of my faves. It is one of the aforementioned restaurants I eat at for the salad, not the food. So, imagine my surprise when the dressing turned out to be thisclose to the real deal. I hesitate to say that it is identical because if you try it and don't like it, I don't want to be called a big fat liar. On the other hand, if you like it, I will feel free to say "Told you so!"

Creamy Parmesan Dressing
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c grated Parmesan
1/4 c sour cream
2 tbls white wine vinegar
kosher salt and black pepper

Whisk together in a small bowl and enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great...I'll definitely try that :)

I am literally addicted to Longhorn's Strawberry Grilled Chicken Salad with Rasberry Vinergarette - yummmmyyyy!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lozza said...

This sounds like the movie Julie and Julia! Sounds yummy :)