Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fall Colors



Last night in Wednesday Bible Class we were talking about the Book of Jude and we started discussing complainers. I think we all complain from time to time, some of us (myself especially) more than others. David was telling us about a guy who wore a band on his wrist and each time he complained he moved it from one wrist to the other. I told David that I would spend all my time moving the wristband back and forth. So, I now have a rubber band on my wrist to POP instead of moving it around. I will admit, I have had to pop myself a few times but not as much as I normally would. I am more aware of my complaining today. So, instead of complaining, I am going to comment on something that made me very happy and reminded me of the wonderful world we live in.

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. Pumpkins, scarecrows, trick-or-treating, Halloween, Fall festivals, and hayrides are all a part of fall. One of the most notable characteristics of fall is the changing leaves. Some years, it seems like we skip straight from Summer to Winter. If the trees are too dry, the colors aren't as vibrant. As I was driving this afternoon, I noticed all the trees around me and the oranges, yellows, and reds. Last year was one of those years that skipped. This year, we get to experience a truly beautiful fall and I am so thankful.

No comments: