Friday, May 11, 2007

I can't help myself


Do you ever watch a commercial and think "I have to have that?" Well, for me, most things don't affect me like that but any kind of new beauty products that come out, I love to try them.

Rachael Ray has a daytime talk show that I am addicted to (it helps me pass the time while I am riding the stationary bike!). The other day, they were talking about taking care of your skin and how your hands show your age. So, I have been keeping lotion on my hands. They were also talking about the new Dove Energy Glow moisturizer for the face. I thought "I have to have it." They also said that you needed to wear something with SPF in it everyday. (Maybe you can see where this is going?)

I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon and I picked up some body lotion. I am going to the tanning bed and since I have extremely dry skin anyway, I am trying to keep my skin from getting even dryer. I also have really dry elbows so I picked up some coconut lime body butter that I REALLY REALLY like (I scraped the bottom of the container this morning). Then I decided I need to get the new Dove Energy Glow for my face. Even though I am going to the tanning bed, I don't want my face to get too much color so I bought face lotion with SPF 15 and then the Dove lotion. My point is, I left with 4 TYPES OF LOTION!!!! Is that normal? Is there anything that you see on TV and just think you have to have?

4 comments:

Paul said...

Rachel, I want to compliment you for improving your blogging frequency. However, lotion does not interest me. Keep that in mind for future posts.

Ha ha.

Katie said...

I love Rachel Ray! I can't remember anything that I had to have just by watching a commercial but I do love lotion. I may try some of these you suggested. If you want to try something interesting you can make your own and it is wonderful lotion:
1 bottle baby lotion
1 bottle of Vitamin E oil
1 small jar of Vaseline (if you like lotion a little greasy you can use a big bottle)
Mix it together and store it in containers.
Don't listen to Paul blog about lotion if you want. All the girls will listen!

Rachel said...

Paul, Last time I checked, the title of this blog was not "Paul's Blog around the Corner." I am sorry that you are not interested but ask me if I care. Hmmm, no, I don't think I do!

Rachel said...

That sounds interesting Katie. I will have to give that a try. have you used it before?