Friday, May 18, 2007

Return of the Reruns ***Spoiler Alert****

Last night marked the end of (most) of my favorite shows with few exceptions. Tuesday night, The Gilmore Girls came to an end for good. The Series Finale. Something about that term is so depressing. I didn't watch the Gilmore Girls from the beginning, I guess I have watched them for about four years. Of course the good news in that is I can start buying each season until I get caught up.

Ugly Betty: Oh my! I absolutely love this show. It makes me laugh like no other show on television right now. I feel like I can relate to Betty. She is very socially inept and I feel her pain. I know what it is like to say the wrong think at the wrong moment and think "Did I really just do that?" Last night she went to get her teeth cleaned and get new pink rubber bands in her braces before her first date with Henry. I get that. I tried to whiten my teeth and I chewed gum and mints obsessively before my first date with Ben. If I wore braces, I probably would have gotten new rubber bands first. Ugly Betty had some sad moments last night too. Hilda's fiance was killed in a convenience store robbery and just when Henry and Betty thought they were going to find nerd love, his (ex) girlfriend showed up and ruined everything. Why? Poor Betty deserves some happiness!

Then there was Grey's Anatomy. Why, oh why, Grey's do you do this to me? Burke and Christina called off the wedding! Arghh. All that for nothing? However, when Christina showed up with no eyebrows, I thought I was going to die. It was hysterical. Meredith and McDreamy: what are they doing? Ben says that is what happens to adulterers. I say that happens no matter who you are.

Then there are those shows that have gone on before their time: Veronica Mars and What About Brian to name two that I will miss tremendously. What am I going to do all summer with nothing decent to watch on TV? I hate reruns. Unless, I haven't see that episode and then it really isn't a rerun, is it?

3 comments:

Emily said...

You'll watch Big Brother! That is the best show to watch in the summer.

P.S. ARe you having low-fat zesty shrimp for dinner everynight? :)

Paul said...

I was going to leave a smart remark, but now you have "comment moderation." Is that because of me?

Anonymous said...

i dont care of ugly betty