Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Update

There really isn't enough time in the world to do the update that I need to do but I am going to give it a shot. Kim had a good suggestion; use bullets. So, here goes!

  1. My cousin's wedding was very nice. The camo wasn't quite as apparent as I had been led to believe. His vest was camo and there were a few other little touches but it wasn't over the top. Well except for the camo napkins at the reception. I heard the reception was nice but I didn't get to go because.....
  2. I got sick ten minutes into the wedding. They had just exchanged vows and I felt this overwhelming urge to vomit. And I did....but at least I made it to the restroom in time. My sister came to check on me and I told her to get my mom. Then the decision was made...
  3. I needed to go to the emergency room. They started running test. They asked me to pee in a cup (they always do) but I had nothing to give them. Nothing. Several more needles sticks later the doctor came and informed us that...
  4. I had to have my gallbladder removed. Of course, not just your run of the mill gallbladder removal. Oh no, I like to make things memorable so I decided to add...
  5. Pancreatitis and an infection for good measure. I had a gall stone blocking the bile duct so my pancreas was inflamed which had led to an infection. Any decent doctor would have known that I was not a candidate for immediate surgery except for...
  6. The quack that was on-call. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. My grandmother has worked at this hospital for 30+ years. As soon as I heard the name of the doctor on-call, my mom and I looked at each other. We knew he wasn't coming near me. Of course....
  7. He tried. We had to kick him out. Literally. They are still charging me for the consult. Whatever, he's a quack. So, instead I got....
  8. Dr. Hohman, the best surgeon at the hospital. Everyone who came in told me how lucky I was. Of course, he knew my grandmother. He walked in the room and asked where the boss was. He is wacky. But good. He came to see me Friday morning and said he wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole until the infection was gone which meant...
  9. I couldn't have surgery till Monday. I spent the whole weekend in the hospital. Not the best time of my life. Did I mention that I couldn't have anything to eat or drink. Not that I cared, I didn't want anything. It was just the idea of it all. I had an IV the whole time. I hated it because....
  10. I thought there was something wrong with it so we had to change it out a couple of times. The IV tech almost killed me. If I had been healthy, I probably would have backhanded her. She wasn't as nice as the others because....
  11. Apparently, she didn't care that I had been at my cousin's wedding and that I was supposed to go to Hawaii. But guess what? The rest of the hospital knew because everyone who came into the room mentioned it. I was iffy but...
  12. We did get to go to Hawaii and it was wonderful. I had a few restrictions but for the most part I was able to do what I wanted. I just had to be careful. I am glad we had such a nice vacation because I was only back at work for two days when...
  13. My brother called and said that my sister had been in a serious car accident. I really didn't know what to expect becauses it sounded really bad. To make things worse...
  14. My mom is in England/Scotland/Ireland for three weeks! We knew the hotel she was at but couldn't find the phone number. It took Kim and I an hour to track one down. Luckily...
  15. Meredith was doing better so I was able to speak with mom around midnight (6am in Ireland). She was worried but felt some better when I told her that....
  16. Kim and I were heading to Kentucky Friday. When Kim and I got there, she was on her way home from the hospital and she is ok except for some bruising. Considering that she was broadsided and the car rolled three times before hitting a pole, she is not complaining.

Whew. That isn't really everything but it gives you a good idea of what I have been doing for the last three weeks or so. I am certainly ready for a break. I will start my list of 100 things soon so be on the lookout!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a pretty good summary. I hate that you failed to mention that your mom was off having a nice little European tour and she was quite hard to track down, especially since she was over there and you were in "America." :-)
I'm glad that Meredith is okay! I hate the reason we went to KY, but I enjoyed the trip with you. We needed the 11 or so hour gab session coming and going!

Rachel said...

I enjoyed you going with me as well. It was nice to get to spend some alone time with you and chit chat. How could I leave out that mom was in Europe! There was just too much to remember!

Rachel said...

I added a bit about mom. The story just wasn't complete without it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a great summary! I am so glad Meredith is okay. We had a WONDERFUL time in Hawaii. I am just so thankful you were well and able to go! :) Love ya!

mary said...

hello your summary is exhausting I was so tired after reading it. I am so glad you had a great time at Hawaii. Thanks for my present "the bag" let over from Addi and Levi's presents.

Anonymous said...

Although I was off on "holiday," I was so thankful that Meredith wasn't seriously hurt. I was also thankful that you called and for your frequent reassurances that "Meredith's ok."

Anonymous said...

I was also thankful that Kim was able to come to Kentucky with you.