Monday, September 15, 2008

Ladies Day, Sewing Class, Weekly Menu, and More!

I haven't been keeping up with my blogging too much recently but here is a run down of the important "stuff:"

A week ago Saturday we had our first annual Ladies Day at Sylvan Springs. I would say that all in all, it was a HUGE success! We had 74 ladies who joined us and it was wonderful. The speaker did a FANTASTIC job. Of course, I'm not biased at all! In all seriousness, mom did a wonderful job and everyone commented on how good her lessons were. I can't say I was surprised but none the less, I was very proud of her. I am never surprised yet always impressed with how good she is at everything.:) Of course, she is my mom so I think she is perfect!

This past Saturday I took my first sewing class. I have done a little here and there with mom's help but this is my first solo project. I had to miss the first class because of the Ladies Day so I started out behind and stayed that way the entire class! Our project, pajama pants are coming along nicely. I will post pictures once I get a little farther along.

Hmmm...What else. Oh, yeah. I plan my menu each week (at least four or five meals). A few people have expressed some interest so here is our menu for this week:

Monday: Taco Pasta Shells *Yummy...we just finished supper
Tuesday: Autumn Turkey Tenderloins (I'm using chicken breast) w/ Butternut Squash
Wednesday: Minestrone Soup
Thursday: "PF Changs Fried Rice" (restaurant copy cat recipe)
Friday: Country Roasted Chicken

So, that's the menu for the week. All of these recipes except for the Fried Rice recipe came from the Taste of Home website. They have some great recipes so check it out when you can.

Meredith has updated her blog finally so take a minute to look at "My So Called Life." Finally, Ben wants me to tell everyone how wonderful he is. I think he feels left out since I have talked about mom and Mere in this post! I hope all of you have a great week!

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I wish I could have dinner at your house! Sounds tasty!!!

Paul said...

That's right. Every post you have should have something nice about Ben in it.

Katie said...

I want to come over for PF Chang night! I need that recipe!

I am so jealous you are taking a sewing class. Where are you going? I want to take one but haven't been willing to fork over the money. I think that is what I am getting for Christmas but wish I could have taken it with you.

Rachel said...

Oh, I wish I had known! I am taking it at Hancock Fabrics. It is four 2 1/2 hour classes for $100. The price is a little steep but since my mom doesn't live close enough to teach me, I had to do something!