Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekends Never Last Long Enough

This weekend was another busy one for Ben and I. We are so thankful that Mary's transplant went so well; Kim has certainly had a lot on her plate recently so sweet Lila's birthday was up in the air until Friday. That being said, I went home Friday night and baked 6 dozen cupcakes. It was hard to keep Ben out of the kitchen but I managed. Saturday I headed to Nashville to visit with my Grandpa Powers. It is very hard to watch because the change is so great each time I visit with him. After I got home from Nashville Saturday night, it was back to the kitchen to decorate the cupcakes. They turned out quite well and I will try to post some pictures later. I also make this great pumpkin roll on Saturday to take to Nashville and the family raved over it! It is certainly a keeper. I should also mention that on Saturday, Ben went to play paintball with some friends. He tried to go once last year but he didn't even get to finish his breakfast before he got a page for work. This year, he was able to play most of the day and he had a great time.

Wheww...that's a lot already but that's not all. Sunday after church, I finished the BIG cupcake for Lila's party and then Ben and I went to eat at the Logan's in Fultondale. Ben will tell you that I usually refrain from any store resembling Best Buy BUT this was different. For Christmas, we are buying ourselves a flat screen for our bedroom so we decided to stop in and look around. Oh, it will be magnificent. I had always said no to a TV in the bedroom but, I have changed my mind. It will be bliss!!!!! After Lila's party, we went home, I took a nap, and then it was time for church.

On the organization/craft corner front, I cleaned out a dresser after church and I did buy a few more things for my project. Kim and I are heading to Atlanta this weekend to buy my desk and it will be on the downward slope from there.

To answer a question posed to me this weekend by someone (I won't name names but you know who you are: Yes, I am nesting....no I am not pregnant...nor do I plan on being so any time soon. I "nested" even when I was single. I think I was a born nester. Sorry to disappoint so many of you who were hoping it was something more!

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

6 comments:

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

You're getting ready for when I come to stay!!! Woo-Hoo!! Love you!! And I can't blame for wanting to be in the kitchen with cupcakes!!!

Kim said...

Thank you so much for all your help this weekend! The BIG cupcake was beautiful as were the six dozen normal size cupcakes!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pics of the cupcakes. I know they were yummy!

Have fun and drive safe to Atlanta this weekend. :)

I will keep your grandfather in my prayers.

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

hahahahaha you are a TERRIBLE secret keeper! lol I love your organization updates. I am hoping that it will rub off on me!

MIMILEE said...

I have always been a NEStER!!