Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Our Busy Weekend

This weekend was busy, busy, busy. But after the week I had, what could you expect. The “fun” started Tuesday morning when I ran out of the house on my way to work. As usual, I was cutting it close. The night before, I had taken off my wedding rings and watch and laid them on the entertainment center. I do two things IMMEDIATLY when I walk in the door from work; 1. kick off my shoes, and 2. take off my jewelry. This means that there is always a pile of shoes by our front door and my jewelry is sometimes not in the same place. I really do try but sometimes I slip up. Monday evening was one of those times. So anyway, I put my rings on my watchband and off I went. Tuesday as I was leaving I grabbed them and left the house. Somewhere between downtown and work I realized that I don’t remember doing anything with them once I got in the car. Panic ensues. I am trying to dig through my purse while driving down 280. Not good. I get to work and spend 10 minutes looking once I get to the parking garage. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I called Ben and he is none to happy with me but he isn’t able to go to the house so, I go to plan B. Call Kim. Well, really, I text Kim. I mean, surely she has nothing better to do but go to my house and find my rings for me. Thankfully, she did just that. Whew.

Wednesday during lunch, I’m admiring my wonderful ring now safely on my finger and I realize that one of the prongs is broken. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Could this week get in worse?   WEEEEELLLLL, let’s flash forward to 5pm. I’m standing at the copier and think “You know what would be a great idea? I’m going to remove this staple out of this piece of paper with my teeth.”  Yeah, not really the best idea. I chipped a little piece off my tooth. GRRRRRRRRRR……….

Thankfully, Thursday and Friday were uneventful because Saturday was chaos! I had to be at the dentist at 7am. Ben made me write 100 times….”I will not remove staples with my teeth:).” Then we went to breakfast and I had to run by the store. We took my ring to the Jewelers. Those of you from Birmingham may be familiar with Levy’s Fine Jeweler. You know, Rhoda? I got to see Rhoda. I was so excited it was pitiful. Then we took my car to get washed and THEN ran by the store. I was exhausted and it was only 10:30. That afternoon we had a baby shower for Jenny at Katie’s house. It was great. She got some really cute things….even if she is taking her baby boy home in a dress!!!!!!! 

After the shower, Kim FORCED me to see Twilight; New Moon. I mean, I REALLY did not want to go. That movie is just so juvenile but since she wanted to, I tagged along. Ok, actually I was the one dying to go. It was great! Those books/movies just pull me in like the other millions of women around the world. 

If you made it to the end, thanks for hanging in there. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

1 comment:

erin said...

What a week you had!! Never a dull moment, for sure!! Hopefully, this week will be better. :)