Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vintage Kitchen Prints On A Budget

I thought I would join Kimba's DIY Day. This is the first time I have so I hope it works!

I've been wanting to post this project so I thought this would be the perfect excuse. I have one decent wall in our kitchen and I was trying to figure out what kind of "art" I wanted in the room. Before, I had a big clock but I wanted something different. I had priced some vintage prints but they were going to cost me a minimum of $10 to $15 (before the frame). So, when I found this book at Barnes and Noble for $14.98, a light bulb went on (picture a little light bulb over my head here!)


The book was full of lovely prints like these and a few that I decided not to use now but might have a future use for.


I found these frames on clearance at Walmart for $2.00 each. A word to the wise: the next time you think the price is too good to be true, it probably is. I should have waited and spent a bit more on the frame but, oh well. These will work for now.


And Voila'! These are perfect for now and I love the fact that some of the prints are items I use A LOT of (one being the garlic print). All in all, I spent around $33 for the whole project. Thanks for checking out my project and check out the other DIY projects at Kimba's if you have a few minutes.







4 comments:

sarah said...

What a great idea! I love botanicle art! thanks for sharring!

Lana said...

Gorgeous!!!

I love these...they kind of remind me of something I saw in Pottery Barn Kids magazine!

Too precious!

Lana @ www.ilovmey5kids.blogspot.com

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

it looks great! Books are a great source for prints!
gail

Teale said...

Love them! You did a great job!