Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Longest Nine Months of My Life

I don't mean to be an absent blogger. I promise...I really don't. I just don't think about blogging until I'm at work or I'll be driving down the road and think "Oh! I need to blog about that." And then the moment passes and I move on to something else. I'm sure you will all forgive me. I've been a little preoccupied:

It's our little peanut! I don't what else to call the baby because that it what it looks like. This ultrasound was done at almost 9 weeks and it is amazing to me that you can see little feet and arm "buds".....he/she is already the most beautiful baby ever! We are both so excited and can't wait. My due date is August 21st which seems like an eternity x2. So far, the pregnancy is going well. I haven't had any morning sickness; just a little gagging here and there (which I did before I was pregnant). I am having some sugar issues but that seems to be under control. I have lost 21lbs just from changing what I'm eating. Currently, Baby G's favorite food is strawberries. I could eat them 24/7.

A funny story: As Stentsen put it, Ben told me I was pregnant. I had decided to take a test but I was tired of forking out the big bucks for the digital tests. I bought the cheapy Walmart brand test and brought it home. After I took the test, it didn't seem to be working so I left it on the bathroom sink and forgot about it. I must have knocked it off in the floor because later that night, Ben brought me the test and asked me if I had looked at it. I told him it was a dud; just to throw it away. He said "no, I really think you ought to look at it." I just insisted he throw it away. Finally he brought it to me and I saw the pink plus sign.

Well, I was in shock. Even though it was about 10:30pm, I told Ben he had to go to Walmart and get a digital test. He was more than happy to oblige!

This is what we ended up with. I needed proof. After the third test I felt more confident:). Kim said after the first one it wasn't going to change but I couldn't help myself. The third test was some kind of compulsion. I really, really, couldn't help myself!

There you have it. That's our news. We couldn't be happier!

9 comments:

Teale said...

I know August seems so far away but it really will come quick! And don't worry too much about the hot summer, that's what A/C is for! Crank it up! I never really got sick but gagged ALL the time. Brushing my teeth was the worst. Did it every day, even just before heading to the hospital to have Harper! Congratulations, we are so happy for you and Ben!

Kim said...

I already love this little "peanut"!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! So very happy for yall!

Crystal said...

YAY!!! We are so happy for you and Ben and can't wait to meet this little peanut.

I am so glad you have not had any sickness. Count your blessings because without that, you can really enjoy everything so much more.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!! And the story about the tests..too funny!!!

Katie said...

I am with Teale. It seems so far away but it will be here and over before you know it. Then you might even miss being pregnant! Gagging is def better than throwing up in my book. I love how you found out - it is so you & Ben :0) I also took 3 pregnancy tests with all three of my pregnancies. I wasn't trying to change anything just couldn't believe! I am so excited to meet this one and hope by then it doesn't give me baby fever again because Josh might kick me out of the house :0)

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for ya'll. Seems like the baby boom is on. Makes me want to have another one (just kidding). Hope you have a good pregnancy and can't wait to read more post about it.

erin said...

We are SO SUPER excited for you both!! Little Peanut will be here before you know it!! Peanut and Sweet Pea will be best buds. :)

Lovely Rita said...

Hooray times a million!! Gotta love that little pink plus, life will never be the same (for good).