Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Yada, Yada, Yada!

Yikes! It's been a month since I blogged. That is becoming the norm instead of the exception to the rule. We had a wonderful holiday season; we always do so that it nothing new. We had Ben's company Christmas party, our class party at Jenny and Ryan's, Christmas with my mom's family in Nashville, not to mention our 5 year anniversary. It was certainly a busy couple of weeks but well worth it.

We headed to Ben's mom and dad's for Christmas Eve and then we spent Christmas day at home. We always spent the day at home when I was growing up and I like the time to reflect on the past year. We spend all of our days and nights running from here to there and everywhere so it's nice one day out of the year to stop and just enjoy our time with each other.

Ben was on call Christmas weekend so we waited until the Monday after Christmas to head to Kentucky. We spent another quiet week with my family, just hanging out, playing with the Wii (I wish I had pictures of dad and Meredith Cow racing!), and playing rummy. All in all, it was a perfect Christmas. Sure, the gifts were great, but the time with my sweet husband and my family was priceless!

I'm not even sure if anyone reads this anymore, but if you do, I hope you were able to take some time with your family and you got to savor a few special moments with your loved ones. Happy 2010!

3 comments:

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

i read it!

erin said...

I read you blog too! and love it! :)

Anonymous said...

hey women when are you going to up date this thing and talk about our baby?